Senior Program Officer, External Affairs (Fellowships)
The Center for European Policy Analysis seeks a qualified, creative, and entrepreneurial individual to serve as Senior Program Officer leading CEPA’s Fellowship programs. The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for coordinating all of CEPA’s fellowship activities, including organizing meetings, supporting engagement with current fellows and the alumni network, and managing day-to-day administrative, financial, and other support to the program. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President for Operations and External Affairs and will be based in Washington, DC.
- Plan, manage, and track day-to-day program activities and operations for all of CEPA’s fellowship programs, as well as special projects.
- Design and execute all of the fellowships, including: recruitment, selection, onboarding, curriculums (meetings, professional development sessions), publications, and post-program alumni engagement.
- Lead outreach to potential partners, donors, and speakers as it relates to supporting the fellowship programs.
- Bring creative and innovative ideas to engage our alumni network of over 75 fellows through programming and professional development opportunities.
- Organize all public and private events and webinars, coordinate schedules, draft invitations for distribution, and provide full hands-on support during events.
- Draft memos, agreements, SOPs, or other documents necessary for the implementation of program activities.
- Work closely with CEPA program staff and interns to coordinate fellowship activities.
- Coordinate grant activities as related to the fellowship programs, including working with the Business Development team in tracking grant reporting deadlines, ensuring timely submission, and managing internal processes.
- Keep track of project-by-project deliverables and expenses, prepare financial and narrative reports, and ensure compliance with grant requirements and original proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s level education or equivalent knowledge of International Affairs, Political Science, History, or a related discipline is preferred;
- 3-5 years of applicable program experience;
- Experience in project administration and managing logistics;
- Experience in financial management and reporting;
- Substantive knowledge of Russia, Ukraine, and Europe is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with expense and administrative management software is a plus;
- Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines, and maintain grace under pressure;
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications are considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.