Program Officer, Business Development
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) is seeking a resourceful, highly organized, and entrepreneurial rising professional to serve as Program Officer for Business Development. The Program Officer would work closely with the Director of Business Development, senior leadership, and all of CEPA’s programs to coordinate the prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the organization’s institutional donors including government, corporate, and foundations.
As a part of a dynamic and growing team at one of the most diverse foreign policy think tanks in Washington, D.C., this individual would have a unique role in helping shape, manage, and drive forward CEPA’s grants portfolio and contributing to the organization’s overall mission.
- Coordinate grant writing, submission, tracking, and reporting processes.
- Facilitate strategic outreach to institutional donors with letters of inquiry, sharing of collateral materials, scheduling of meetings, invitations to events, and other activities that inform donors of our mission, work, and needs and move them toward solicitation.
- Help shape the business development strategy as it relates to institutional donors.
- Collaborate across programs to effectively gather information necessary for strategic outreach and business development.
- Research, write, edit, and/or coordinate the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and grammatically and syntactically correct proposals, promotional materials, reports, correspondence, and other business development communication.
- Steward existing institutional donor relationships towards successful renewals with proofs of impact, invitations to events of interest, and facilitation of check in calls.
- Ensure proper donor recognition on our website, in relevant publications, and during events.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in areas of non-profit grant making or business development, preferably in the international field.
- Knowledge of government funding and reporting procedures.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Proficiency in SAMS, PMS, and Salesforce highly desired; and Microsoft Office suite required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with senior level executives, both internal and external, as well as with multi-cultural, cross-sectoral partners.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including high level of attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, follow diplomatic protocol, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles.
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
- Be highly organized and familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization.
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.