Program Officer, Business Development
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) is seeking a resourceful, highly organized, and entrepreneurial rising professional to serve as Program Officer for Business Development. The Program Officer would work closely with senior leadership and across all of CEPA’s programs to coordinate fundraising efforts by prospecting, cultivating, expanding, and stewarding the organization’s robust portfolio of donors including government, corporate, and foundations.
As a part of a dynamic and growing team at one of the most diverse foreign policy think tanks in Washington, D.C., this individual would have a unique role in helping shape, manage, and drive forward CEPA’s grants portfolio and contributing to the organization’s overall mission.
Please note that CEPA staff are temporarily working remotely during the pandemic.
- Support in prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for CEPA’s current and prospective donors.
- Draft and prepare proposal packages for institutional, governmental, and private sector donors.
- Conduct research to identify potential new corporate, individual, foundation, and government donors.
- Assist senior leadership with development of overall fundraising strategy, including establishing fundraising goals.
- Ensure timely and quality production of grant submission and reporting.
- Proactively seek opportunities to strengthen relationships between current and prospective donors.
- Schedule development-related meetings and facilitate overall donor communications.
- Manage and track fundraising records in Salesforce by inputting funder contacts, donor prospects, calendar milestones, and other grant-related information.
- Prepare briefings for senior leadership’s meetings with existing and prospective donors.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience, preferably in an area related to office administration, development, project management, or event coordination; prior nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required; Salesforce experience highly desired.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with senior level executives, both internal and external, as well as with multi-cultural, cross-sectoral partners.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including high level of attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, follow diplomatic protocol, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles.
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
- Be highly organized and familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization.
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.