Program Assistant, Digital Innovation Initiative
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) is seeking a resourceful, qualified, and highly motivated individual to serve as Program Assistant for its Digital Innovation Initiative (DII), a new effort at CEPA that explores trends in tech policy in Europe and the United States. The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day research, operational, administrative, and other support to DII’s staff and leadership.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization, willing to work across cultures, capable of balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and with a deep interest in US-European relations and technology policy. The candidate must be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis on cross-cutting technology and policy issues.
- Assist in managing DII’s day-to-day programmatic activities, including coordinating communication with staff members, partners, and external experts.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of DII’s convenings, including public events, roundtable discussions, workshops, and conferences.
- Assist with outreach to partners and maintain regular contact with DII’s network of fellows, researchers, and other contributors.
- Support DII’s fundraising efforts, including monitoring grant compliance requirements and keeping track of project activities, tracking expenses, and preparing financial reports.
- Prepare briefings for senior leadership on DII-related issues and engagements.
- Provide other research, organizational, and programmatic support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, or a related discipline is required.
- One year of applicable program experience in a think-tank or similar setting is desired.
- Knowledge of digital issues and technology policy is desired.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including high level of attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines, and maintain grace under pressure.
- A flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive approach to approaching problems and challenges.
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.