Program Assistant, Communications
The Center for European Policy Analysis seeks a qualified and highly motivated Program Assistant to join the organization’s communications team. This individual will assist with the day-to-day communications functions, including social media promotion, digital media production, and online event management. This position is for a three-month contract with the possibility to extend, funding permitting. They will report to the Senior Director for Programs and Strategy, and will be based in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, well versed in digital media production, experienced in brand management, familiar with website management, and demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills. They must be proactive, detail-oriented, and work both independently and as part of a team with an interest in transatlantic relations.
- Manage CEPA’s day-to-day social media presence;
- Assist with event promotion, live stream, video, and podcast production;
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics;
- Design, plan, and execute targeted social media campaigns;
- Help manage the CEPA website;
- Assist program team with drafting memos, agreements, SOPs, or other documents necessary for the implementation of project activities; and
- Address administrative and research pop-up requests from program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum;
- One year of applicable digital media production and social media management experience is required;
- Demonstrated brand management and copywriting abilities;
- Knowledge of live stream production, video production, and graphic design;
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, InDesign, Photoshop, Zoom, Switchboard, and Webex;
- Well versed in Google Analytics, as well as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube ads;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with WordPress;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment;
- Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines, and maintain grace under pressure; and
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities and take on an expanding communications portfolio.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.