Program Assistant, Democratic Resilience
The Center for European Policy Analysis seeks a qualified and highly motivated individual to serve as Program Assistant for our Democratic Resilience program. The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day research, administrative, financial, and other support to the program. The successful candidate will report to the Director for Democratic Resilience and will be based in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization, willing to work across cultures, capable of balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and have a strong interest in U.S.-European relations. They must be proactive, detail-oriented, and work both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of Mandarin is preferred.
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis on Russian and Chinese malign influence.
- Plan, manage, and track day-to-day programmatic activities, including coordinating communication with staff members, partners, and external experts.
- Coordinate and assist in planning and implementing of program convenings, including public events, roundtable discussions, workshops, and conferences.
- Monitor grant compliance requirements, keep track of project activities and implementation plan, track expenses, and prepare financial reports.
- Assist program team with outreach to partners and maintain regular contact with CEPA’s network.
- Assist program team with drafting memos, agreements, SOPs, or other documents necessary for the implementation of project activities.
- Provide executive assistance and scheduling for program fellows and staff.
- Provide other research, organizational, and programmatic support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, or a related discipline is required.
- One year of applicable program experience in a think-tank or similar setting is desired.
- Knowledge of Mandarin is highly desired.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Competence in project administration and managing logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressured environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines, and maintain grace under pressure.
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles.
- Be highly organized and familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization.
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information.
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.