The Program Officer would work across all of CEPA’s programs to help design, plan, and execute events as well as work with leadership to expand and steward partnerships across the U.S. and Europe. As a part of a dynamic and growing team at one of the most diverse foreign policy think tanks in Washington, D.C., this individual would have a unique role in helping shape CEPA’s external presence and contribute to the organization’s overall mission.
- Support programs and initiatives in designing, planning, and executing public events.
- Serve as the lead coordinator for all of CEPA’s high-level events, including virtual and in-person events.
- Draft, vet, and help standardize all event materials including invitations, memos, and social media content.
- Manage invitee lists through Salesforce and Pardot.
- Research and explore new and innovative meeting and presentation platforms to continually improve the organization’s events.
- Build and steward partnerships in the U.S. and Europe, including peer organizations, universities, and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Two years of applicable experience in event coordination;
- Proven track record of independent event and project management;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment;
- Superior written communication skills;
- Ability to follow diplomatic protocol, meet deadlines, and maintain grace under pressure;
- Experience working with multi-cultural, cross-sector partners;
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles.
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
- Be highly organized and familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization.
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 401k Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.