The ideal candidate will be familiar with US national and international media outlets and markets, the functions of a public policy non-profit organization, willing to work across cultures, capable of balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and have a strong interest in US-European relations. They must be proactive, detail-oriented, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Work with CEPA programs to proactively pitch and promote experts to media outlets during breaking news events, and commentary opportunities (TV, print);
- Work with CEPA experts and staff to prepare, pitch, and place op-eds to a variety of US, European, and other international outlets;
- Support CEPA’s efforts to build relationships with journalists; create tailored press lists for continued future engagement;
- Work with the Senior Program Officer for Communications to strategize media engagement around long-term research projects and breaking news commentary and analysis.
- Track media hits featuring CEPA experts and research; Regularly report media relations metrics and present results and impact analyses to leadership.
- Organizes occasional media training for CEPA experts.
- Strategizes on crisis communications and provides guidance and talking points as needed.
A successful candidate will:
- Have clear understanding of US and international media outlets and markets relevant to CEPA’s mission and objectives;
- Have a proven track record in research or policy-oriented communications and media relations;
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles;
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment;
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information;
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications will be considered on a first-come basis.
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) works to ensure a strong and enduring transatlantic alliance rooted in democratic values and principles with strategic vision, foresight, and policy impact. Through cutting-edge research, analysis, and programs, we provide fresh insight on security, defense, and geopolitics to government officials and agencies; we help transatlantic businesses navigate changing strategic landscapes; and we build networks of future Atlanticist leaders. CEPA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public policy institution.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.